Ingredients + Care


We use .925 Sterling Silver and Gold fill.  Each product listing will include exactly what materials are used in each piece. 
Sterling Silver

Pure silver is a soft metal.  It is generally not ideal for long-lasting pieces of wearable jewelry and other items. In the 12th century, it was discovered that an easy way to strengthen silver for practical use while preserving its ductility, malleability, and appearance was to mix it with another stronger metal.

Sterling silver is considered a precious metal, and consists of 92.5% pure silver (otherwise seen as .925 silver). The other 7.5% in sterling silver is usually copper, which strengthens the silver without compromising its appearance.

Sterling silver can tarnish over time due to a natural chemical reaction that happens when it is exposed to air (oxidation). You can use a polishing cloth to have your jewelry look just as good as when you first got it.


To make gold-fill, multiple layers of solid gold are pressure-bonded to a core of high-quality jeweler’s brass using extreme heat. Industry standards dictate that for a piece to be called gold-fill, it must be 5% solid gold by weight. The result is a thick layer of real gold and a durable, long-lasting product. Gold-fill jewelry is a great alternative to solid gold, as it offers the ideal balance of quality and value.

Gold-fill can tarnish naturally over time, but it is easily cleaned.  A polishing cloth should be used “lightly” and not pressed hard against the metal to remove tarnish, as it could rub off the gold on your piece over time.

With just a little care, your gold-fill jewelry can last you years. The basics include keeping it clean, keeping it dry, and making sure it is safely stored.